Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Another One Bites the Dust.....

3 down, 37 to go. 3 people have already quit and we have only been at this for 2 weeks! Things here aren't depressing or desperate. But it is emotionally taxing and things aren't always as they seem. This blog may be short... I'm short on time....
Well, so goes culture shock, so goes my emotions. The past two days I've been so happy and excited to be here. Weird how that can change in a moment.
If people want to send stuff, include magazines or photos of 50 cent and eminem and any other hip hop people. My host family LOVES american hip hop.
Pulaar is a painful language to learn.
I still miss ice cream, but allegedly you can get EVERYTHING in Dakar. So I'm just waiting until Peace Corps lets go of my freakin' hand and we can go to Dakar on our own.
As far as the Roger Clemmens brother rumor - NOT TRUE.
Another funny thing - I told my host family what my parents do. My oldest brother in the Fam is 24. Miraculously, his life dream is to move to the US and work in a grocery store. Isn't that such a coincidence that 2 of my four parents work in the grocery business?? hmmm.... no marraige visa for him!
Ok, time to go back to the mind-numbing training. Only a few short months and we are off to our posts, ready to sweat out arses off!
Thanks for the cards MOM and NANA!!! You guys are great! They arrive in 5-8 days.
Bisou Bisou.

www.au-senegal.com
www.u2.com
www.csmonitor.com
www.megwood.com