Friday, May 21, 2004

What to write about?

My first dull-as-dishwater posting since returning from Senegal. Yee haw. Let's have a go at it, shall we?
Senegal is a much safer place than the US for a million and one reasons. First of all, not many people know where it is, so that greatly reduces the risk of a terrorist attack. Second, unless you are from Mauritania, I doubt Senegal has ever pissed you off. Third, it is virtually impossible to get a gun in the country. People don't hunt with guns. I think like one person in Dakar may have a gun. In a museum. Third, its too hot to do much of anything too physical, like get in a fight. So while I do cherish being back in the US, I miss the security I felt in Senegal. Sure, I was herassed, but that was mild and never felt in danger. Just random thoughts on that....
FOUR JOB INTERVIEWS IN DC NEXT WEEK... Count them. 1-2-3-4. Four. That's pretty exciting. I'm sure if I get one of them, I'll probably be over worked and under paid and will need a second job at one of the 565,780 Starbucks in the DC area. I'll be in DC though. My true love. Sure, I'll have an affair with Paris every now and then, and once in awhile I'll make out with NYC. Heck, I've even been on a few bad dates with Charlotte and Phoenix. But DC is where my heart is.

www.au-senegal.com
www.u2.com
www.csmonitor.com
www.megwood.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home