An AUTHENTIC massage
In order to redeem Thai massage in our minds (I may need therapy to deal with the hand-butt crack incident), we had to get a real Thai massage yesterday. BIG DIFFERENCE from the Ogoto massage. Initially, it seems similar in that you walk up to a group of women waiting around. The initial distinction is that they are all wearing baggy pink polo shirts, normal make-up and pants. The biggest and best difference is that they give you a set of pajamas and the massage takes place in a big room with other people receiving massages.
Authentic Thai massage is like yoga but someone else forces your body into the poses. That someone was a teeny tiny Thai woman that probably weighed half as much as I do. She ripped and contorted my body into all sorts of positions that would have made a yogi squirm. I almost cried. I almost made her stop. But then pressed on and breathed through the pain as one does in yoga and came out of that 1 hour, $6 massage with my chakras (and nothing else) fully open and aligned. I'm going to splurge for the two hour massage this coming Sunday.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home