Stop the madness!
Concerts. Many of them. Monthly. Weekly. Almost daily. I believe since I last wrote, I have seen Lilly Allen, Arcade Fire, Bloc Party and The Bravery. Lilly was fun. Arcade Fire (one of my favorites) managed to overcome the evil venue known as DAR Constitution Hall. Bloc Party was sort of able to overcome the shit venue. But The Bravery....
Fact #1: The Bravery is from D.C.! I thought they were from the U.K., trixies they are!
Fact #2: The Bravery's lead guitarist has more energy than a Mexican jumping bean. He looked like any junior high boy. He made the crowd wild with his speaker jumping antics and incredible guitar riffs.
Fact #3: The Bravery played the best, most rockin' show I've ever seen at the 9:30 Club. It was almost impossible to stop dancing and jumping.
Fact #4: I called a complete stranger an asshole. He was about 8 inches taller than me and literally stepped right in front of me. On purpose. His back was an inch from my face. I poked forcefully on his back. He ignored me. I poked forcefully and repetitiously while saying "EXCUSE ME." He proceeded to be snide saying something like "Have you ever been to a concert before? Because its going to get a little wild in here. A little wild." I said "No asshole, this my first time." He didn't say anything after that. Once the show started, he and his little girlfriend stood their like sad little slugs. Naomi and I made our ways up to the front and proceeded to rock out with our ovaries out... doesn't have quite the same ring.....

2 Comments:
I can't believe I missed this show!!!
Do you still have the Bravery CD I burned you many moons ago?
petrov is sorry he missed it, when he thought about it, it was already sold out. we still have polyphonic spree though!
Post a Comment
<< Home