Tuesday, March 13, 2007

"Doesn't he look like a combination of Liberace and the Crocodile Hunter?"

Music Mania 2007 kicked off last weekend in Philadelphia, with Naomi and I traveling to Philadelphia to see the Scissor Sisters at the Electric Factory. They sold out at the 9:30 Club in about 2 minutes. In an act of desperation, I looked on ebay, craigslist and stubhub. $25 tickets were selling for...... $150 and more!!! What were two scissor sisters to do about seeing the Scissor Sisters? See them at the Electric Factory in Philly for $20 a pop and visit one of my favorite people from grad school all at the same time!!!

The show was an insanely fabulous party. Jake Shears, the lead singer was totally hyped on red bull and voka or booger sugar or a combo of the two. Ana Matronic, his partner in crime, put it best when she said "Doesn't he look like a combination of Liberace and the Crocodile Hunter?" It was a great live show, not to be missed next time they come around.

Next up is brit brat Lily Allen at the 9:30 Club in April. Her lyrics are a snarky, snotty and hiiii-liarious. Download her songs to find out for yourself, but she'll definitely be enjoyed.

Third on the list, coming in May, is THE SECOND BEST LIVE BAND EVER, after the first best, which is U2 of course. Arcade Fire, the second best live band ever, is coming to the WORST live music venue in DC, DAR Constitution Hall. We are hoping that the experience of hearing them live can overpower the shitty sound that is DAR.

2 Comments:

At 5:24 pm, Blogger vinocarolina said...

Kel-I love Lily Allen! I have had her on my IPOD for months and no one else appreciates her!~

 
At 8:36 am, Blogger adrienne said...

Aren't Scissor Sisters great live? I'd have to say Ana carries the show more than Jake though... at least the couple of times I've seen them.

I'm off to see Snow Patrol tonight (like Arcade Fire, they're another U2 opening act from years past). Looking forward to it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home