Harry Potter and the Deathly Spoilers

In this world there are assholes and then there are ASSHOLES. The New York Times, one of the most widely circulated newspapers in the world, published a review of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows today. I will refuse to read the review. I will boycott NYT for the remainder of 2007.
Part of the joy of reading is the anticipation of the next page. A silly woman at the NYT ruined it for readers who were unable to resist the temptation. She did this for the pure selfish reason of being the first person to review Harry Potter. In the literary world, we call this hubris. Hubris usually foreshadows the downfall of a person. I wonder what fate will await her.
We go on vacation this Friday. Friday at midnight, instead of waiting in line at the bookstore per the usual, I will be on a plane. I will obtain my copy legally on Saturday afternoon somewhere in San Fransisco. And I will enjoy every page of the book, hopefully without being spoiled.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home