Oh the Humanity!
The Delhi train station is humanity at its everything. Best, worst and in between. Thousands of people are mashed together on a platform. Once your train arrives, it is a mad dash to the door. It is chaotic, smelly and quick.
The driver for our office here agreed to meet me at the train station when I returned from my jaunt. He is very anal, anxious and particular, so I had no doubt that he would find me upon my exit of the station. Not only did he find me, he found me on the platform full of thousands of people! I know I stick out, but I am average height for a women in India and in the US and much shorter than many of the men. I took about 10 steps and there he was! Incredible!
It is also time for "Damn the Fromage Part III: Delhi Belly Returns". This time, I'm damning the train food.
Tomorrow I travel again - off to Jharkhand, the Arkansas of India. There is no real reason to go there unless it is for work, it is quite underdeveloped (economically, socially, etc.), but there are a few nice natural touches (a couple of waterfalls). Lonely Planet said that if I find myself in Jharkhand, chances are that I am the only foreigner in the state.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home