Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Smoking-Toilet Air Take II: No smoking, just humid. Humid. Humid.

Thank you Bhrama, the creator, for creating air conditioning in India. Last night, when we disembarked from our plane, the captain informed us that it was 82 degrees outside. "Yee haw! 82! I can more than handle that!". He should have told us the humidity was well over 100%. You may think that isn't possibly, but I am here to argue that it must be. Why else would my entire body be caked in a mixture of sweat and Delhi air the second I stepped outside of the airport?

In any case, I still love it here. The rains of the monsoon season actually bring a benefit: the smoke that was so prevalent during my last trip in December is hardly detectable. It is brought to the ground by 100% pure acid rain. AAAAAAHHHHHH.

This go-round, I'm fortunate enough to travel to Jharkhand for work! Woo hoo! it is near West Bengal (Kolkata/Calcutta). This weekend, I'm supposed to go to Jodhpur in Rajasthan, but my Indian co-workers may not let me because of the heat. They claim that if it is raining, I am allowed to go. Otherwise, I would apparently melt or something like that. We will see....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home