I'll look for the imbominable snowman while I'm at it...
Change of plans. Instead of facing the seering heat of Rajasthan this weekend and visiting the lovely blue city of Jodphur, I'm going to the Himalayas. How often does someone get to say "I'm going to the Himalayas this weekend. See you Monday." Usually geography is my strong suit. Unfortunately Rajasthani geography is not. I moronically booked and paid for my hotel room in Jodhpur before checking out/thinking about how in the world I was going to get there. Apparently, in India, there will always be a hotel room but not always transportation, which is the case with Jodphur. It is too far to go by road in one weekend and no flights go from Jodhpur to Delhi on Sundays... any way, to make a short story long, I'm not going to Rajasthan.
I am, however, going to check out the cool weather and lovely vistas of Uttaranchal (state in India that borders China and Nepal - oh so close to seeing China! I'll wave.) and the two cities of Mussoorie and Rishikesh. Mussoorie is a lovely little mountain town and Rishikesh is arguably the yoga capitol of the world. The Beatles visited the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi ashram in Rishikesh in the 1960s. And in the spirit of not thinking ahead, I brought my camera, but not my USB chord. No photos until July 31. Google image search it for now....

1 Comments:
Ello deary (said in Pirates of the Carribean-like voice)! Sounds like things are going well! Hope you have fun! If you do venture into Nepal, you must collect Nepalese coins so you can say "All I have are these damn Nepalese coins" when you return (ala Something About Mary).
Post a Comment
<< Home