My Own Tab
The next time I go out to eat, to drink, to do anything with a group larger than four people, I am going to immediately ask for my own tab from the onset. None of this splitting the bill. No no. I'm going to become the pain in the arse cheapskate. It's much better than paying $10 or more than what I owe whenever we are short.
Last night was at an office happy hour that I arranged. Everything was fine, until the bill came and tip was included. We managed to be short. By a lot. No one was stepping up. I knew it would be me (or my friend) because it always is. I wrongly projected my anger at always having to pay the difference at my co-workers by yelling "I'll pay the difference. I'LL PAY THE DIFFERENCE!" After forking over my card, I headed off to the bathroom. Of course, while I way making sure all beer was out of my body before I embarked on the journey home, the Office Complainer had to talk about my outburst in the snide, snotty and melodramatic way that she talks about everything. She made the mistake by talking smack about me to my friend. Little does this Office Complainer know that if she had confronted me in person, I would have felt badly and apologized. But since she didn't, no apology from me. Of course, she had to spread the smack to work this morning by telling ANOTHER friend of mine who was at the happy hour but left early (he paid). I will definitely confront her if I hear about this incident from one more person.

3 Comments:
...and I thought this post was going to be about the long-lost (but not forgotten) soda from the 80s... how it was all going to be yours...ALL YOURS! Damnit!
Ah, alas, my mom's favorite soda ever has not made it into my fridge. But did you know that they are coming out with a Tab Energy drink?
A few weeks ago I told the office we should all get pizza. Everyone picked the kind they wanted, it was delivered and 2 people gave me money. I ended up putting it on my card. I know skip lunch, wait for work to be over and head out for drinks without them. There is a reason they are co-workers and not roommates or loved ones.
Post a Comment
<< Home