Friday, February 10, 2006

Hypocrisy at its finest (but don't torch this blog)

I lived in a Muslim country for three months (you can read about those adventures much further down on this blog - try the 2004 archives). The people with whom I lived were extremely peaceful, serene and devout Muslims (Islam is a peacefule religion - it truly is). I loved the entire experience. They gave a good name to Islam and crushed any pre-conceived notions I had before.

However, those negative stereotypes are creeping back into my psyche as I watch a small group of Muslims, the world over, VIOLENTLY protest a lame-o Danish cartoon depicting Mohammed as a war-monger. Oh how thick with irony is this situation. It is like the death penalty - let us show someone that murder is wrong by killing the murderer. Interesting how the violent protestors are claiming that Islam is a peaceful religion and that depicting Mohammed as a nukyalar weapon toting man is blasphemy and worth torching embassies over. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home