Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Damn the Fromage Part Deux: Damn the Vegetable Briyani and Mushroom Masala

As many of you may remember, or have chosen to forget, I damned the fromage in Senegal a year and a half ago, much like Harry Goldenblatt damned the fromage in Sex and the City. If you want to see that post, check out the March or April 2004 archives of the blog.

As this past week progressed, I was quickly becoming confident in my intestinal tract. It has been serving me very well for 7 days now. Why should I not continue to test my tummy's limits? Surely it won't fail me any time soon. This was my thought process yesterday as I ordered a feast of food for $1.00. I had vegetable briyani. I had mushroom masala. I had some black eyed peas and ginger concoction. I had Naan. It was good. Too good. Amazingly, savoringly good. Delectible in all of the rich flavors and spices. And this whole feast only cost me one measly dollar! A melange of vegetarian cuisine. Mmmm.....

And then this morning, at exactly 6 am, the memory of the glorious food quickly faded as my intestinal tract revolted. And is still revolting. Damn you vegetable briyani and mushroom masala for giving Kelly Delhi Belly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home