Wedding Crashers - Indian Style
Am I the luckiest person or what??? This is wedding season in India, and if anyone knows anything about Indian culture, it is that getting married is the most important thing that could happen in anyone's life. And then everything falls apart... I digress.
Anyways, every night at my hotel there is a different wedding! And boy, a wedding is truly a site worth seeing in India. There are large tents adorned with marigolds and other colorful flowers. There are fuischa lights that shine brightly on the tents to give them a lovely bright color. There are beautiful arches and entry ways set up that are unique to each wedding. And the best part - fireworks! Every night there are fireworks! Unfortunately, the fireworks are the only part of the wedding I'm privy to as I was not invited to any of the weddings. Now maybe if I had a sari, I could crash the wedding, claiming to be a friend of a cousin who lives in America. But still, that would be iffy.

Tomorrow is the Taj Mahal and Sunday is shopping. Apparently there is a pashmina sale going on this weekend at some market area that is closing down - pashminas for 1000 rupees or less (which is about $20 or less!!!!). We'll see...
Today, like every other day this week, is office work. Working all day while listening to a cacophony of horns blaring outside, instead of my coveted Yahoo music.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home