Saturday, November 19, 2005

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Chris Colombus must be running away from the Harry Potter series like a dog with his tail between his legs. Mike Newell, previously of "Four Weddings and a Funeral" fame directed the lastest Harry Potter film. He left many similar elements from the third film, directed by Alfonso Cuaron of "Y tu Mama Tambien" fame, but NO elements from any Chris Colombus films. Why is that? Because they were crap in comparison.
Chris Colombus has no creative vision of his own. The first two movies were exactly like the book. As a reader, I don't need that. I already know all the fine details the way that I see it in my head. I would like to see someone elses vision. Mike Newell's vision was "bloody brilliant" as Ron would say.
The young actors have developed their talent (once again, not working with Chris Colombus!). The action forced me to stay glued to the screen (I even caught myself holding my breath), even though I knew what would transpire. The cinematography was to be expected. Spectacular, but not a surprise.
So see the film, dammit! It was well worth the $9.00 for a student sticket, even if I had to stand in line with pretend goth people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home