Thursday, October 07, 2004

Celebrity trifecta week....

The title is a misnomer because it would only be a celebrity trifecta week if I managed to meet Brittaney, Michael and Charo (Cuchi Cuchi!). Somehow, I managed to swing hanging out with and/or asking questions to three celebrities. Celebrities seem to cross my path at a higher rate than most commoners, however, I am no commoner. I am a pop culture guru. They sense my status. Hence, the flocking.
Celebrity encounter number one occured this evening when I had the priveledge of attending ANOTHER showing of "Shall We Dance?". Incidently, the film is not released in theatres until October 15, but I've managed to see it twice. Instead of a regular sneak preview, this was a screening with the director, Peter Chelsom. After the film, he held a Q & A session. It was quite fantastic!! I learned so many fabulous facts. For example, I learned: Richard Gere trained in ballroom dancing for four hours a day for three months prior to this role; Chelsom phoned Peter Gabriel and asked him to consider putting a song of his in the film; he thinks Susan Sarandon is one of the most talented actresses (she's able to convey comedy with concern); he thinks J. Lo is talented because she can act and dance; Chelsom is a romantic at heart AND....drumroll..... when I asked "Do you like to dance?" he said "I'm a closet dancer. Being from the home of the international ballroom dancing championship, everyone seems required to take dance at age 12. The benefit is that you get your first snogging session, not to be confused with shagging. Big difference."
I'm in awe of directors. They orchestrate this production on so many levels - from music to location to cinematography to choreogrpahy to evoking emotion.
Tomorrow night is the Uganda org fundraiser with Suvivor: Africa winner Ethan Zohn. I've met him once but I doubt he remembers. Friday night is an evening with Augusten Burroughs, one of my new favorite authors. You must read his books "Running with Scissors" and "Dry". Your life will feel less psychotic afterward. Updates will surely follow those encounters...
www.u2.com
www.csmonitor.com

3 Comments:

At 7:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi CosmoChica, I came across your site while doing a search on Sexy Celebrities, popular female sigers, dancers, actresses and models. Though you don't have exactly what I was searching for it still provided quite an interested read. Thanks and keep up the good work!

 
At 8:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi CosmoChica, I came across your site while doing a search on Sexy Celebrities, popular female sigers, dancers, actresses and models. Though you don't have exactly what I was searching for it still provided quite an interested read. Thanks and keep up the good work!

 
At 3:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi CosmoChica, I came across your site while doing a search on sexy celebrities, popular female sigers, dancers, actresses and models. Though you don't have exactly what I was searching for it still provided quite an interested read. Thanks and keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home