Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Nicole Kidman and the Pavlovian response

Nicole Kidman is in town filming one of her noun movies. Have you noticed that her movies of late have lame titles like "The Hours", "The Interpreter", and the latest being filmed in DC (and perhaps an a pros pos title) "The Visiting"? Regardless of another titular mishaps, I saw Nicole Kidman this morning filming a scene in front of the Riggs Bank on the corner of M and Wisconsin. Nothing was being shot as of that moment. She was standing in front of the camera doing what looked like a lighting test. This gave those of us on the bus some excitment on what is usually a dull morning bus ride...catch us on an evening bus ride and it is a totally different story.
Incidentally, as we were turning the corner onto M Street and Nicole was coming into view, an Arcade Fire song came on my Ipod. This particular song, called "Wake Up", happened to be the song played before U2 comes out on stage and brings the audience to their knees. A joyous, giddy feeling arose from within. A huge, drunken smile developed on my face. I can only attribute it to the fact that the song now acts as my own personal pavolovian response mechanism, making my subconcious believe that in a few short minutes, the best band in the entire world is about to take the stage. This leads me to wonder, will I now associate Nicole Kidman with this happy time? I don't think she's particularly hot, so I know I won't be slobbering over her like the Pavlovian dog. Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home