Uttarly amazing....
Ok, if you know your Indian geography, you'll understand the pun in the title. The Taj Mahal is located in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh (commonly reffered to as UP).
The Taj Mahal is such an amazing structure that my photos do not do the work of art justice. Every color in the Taj is precious and semi-precious stone inlay - NOT dye or sandstone. There are more optical illusions in this building that David Copperfield has pulled off in his entire life. And the most beautiful part of all, a ruler in the Moghul empire had it built as tomb for his beloved second wife. His marriage to her was out of love, not arrangment. Nothing says love like a grave site that goes down in world history as one of the seven wonders of the world. That being said, if I were wife numbers 1, 3, or 4, I would have been pissed. They got normal royal burials.

1 Comments:
Miss Kelly,
It is such a treat to sit and read about your India adventures. Your commentary is hilarious! I watched your favorite movie the other night....A Christmas Story! Every time I see it it reminds me of that Year we spent in Newland Hall! I can't wait to hear more!
Alison "AL"
Post a Comment
<< Home