Monday, June 14, 2004

Kelly Thompson - I review movies so you don't waste your money...

Sigh. Wake-up around, well, whenever you feel like it because you do not have anywhere to be. Reflect on the larium induced dreams you are still having. Make some coffee. Read the paper. Eat. Feed the cat. Go downstairs and hope that you will receive an e-mail from a prospective employer that says "Dear Kelly, You rocked our world. We would like to start right away. I hope international travel is ok with you. Please call us now!"
When that doesn't happen, you IM your friends who are working. They reassure that working isn't that great. I remind them that when you work, you receive a paycheck. You live on your own. When you are unemployed, you live with your parents. Parents like to nag. Parents like to remind you that they pay for everything. That is when you remind them that you would rather live in a hut in a 145 degrees in Senegal than hear them talk anymore smack. But, such is the choice I have to live with. I chose to come home because in my subconcious, I would rather be sitting around looking for jobs than sitting in a hut looking a bugs.
But you know what? I'm not going to let unemployment get me down. I had an epiphany while I was running today. I could either sink into a pity-party unemployed depression or I could do what I do best: rock-on and be fabulous! Yes, that's right. I shall continue being fabulous. I will maintain my fabulous status by reading, writing, applying for jobs all over the world (I applied for two in Honduras, next up is China) and in DC. I shall also keep hope alive that someday I will be a writer for Rolling Stone Magazine and have the perfectly orchestrated interview with Bono, The Edge, Larry and Adam.
As for my latest movie review....
Last night I watched "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton". It has cutie pie, Topher Grace from "That 70s Show", some blonde chick playing a cute girl-next-door blonde chick, Jack McFarlan (aka Sean Hayes) and uber-broadway star, Nathan Lane. There is a really hot guy that plays Tad Hamilton. So, the plot. It's exactly how you would imagine a Hollywood studio romantic-comedy to play out. Boy likes girl, girl likes hot, but misguided hollywood hunk, hunk lusts after girl, girl realizes hometown boy is a better choice than hollywood hunk. They live happily ever after. It was unnecessary for the actors to reach into the depths of their soul to play these roles. I think that Sean Hayes and Nathan Lane were underused. They need their own movie and I could co-star as their fag hag/fruit fly (say, has anyone ever heard of a professional fag hag? if you know of an opening, give me a call - I can provide excellent references).
I definitely recommend "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton" to chicks who are feeling a bit blue, but it would be a TERRIBLE date movie. A great PMS movie though. It gives you one of those sick warm and fuzzy feelings when it is all over. The type of feeling you need if you are unemployed and PMSing.

I am about to watch the Magdalene Sisters... a review will be coming tomorrow...

Kelly Thompson - I watch and review movies so you do not need to waste your money on crap. That's my job.

www.au-senegal.com
www.u2.com
www.csmonitor.com
www.megwood.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home