Sunday, July 30, 2006

I found where the gays hang out in Delhi!

Its at a store in Delhi called People Tree. They have very liberal/socialist books and t-shirts, plus naturally dyed organic cotton clothes and handicrafts made by tribal women (proceeds to benefit their AIDS program).

Anyways, I'm checking out the lit, and they even have queer lit (! - big deal here for a bookstore, since being a gay man can be punishable by law, of course women would never not want to be with a man, so there is no law against being a lesbian) and in walks a lesbian and a gay. Then two more lesbians walk in! Their conversation was a mix of hindi and english, so I only caught part of their conversation, which went like this: "A guy even hit on me. YUCK."

Anyways, it made me happy. They need to attach a coffee or tea shop to it.

1 Comments:

At 9:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a HUGE step for India. At least it has started in some part of the country. They used to broadcast Will&Grace. I wonder if that had something to do with it. (I'm not sure if they still broadcast it, I haven't been there in 3 years) Glad you're keeping busy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home