The frustrating countdown is still on..... 34 days and freakin' slowly counting...
I've met a few others who are on there way. They seem pretty cool so far, but we'll see. I know at some point they will eventually piss me off and I'll piss them off, but then we'll enjoy a Gazelle and a few laughs and life will be good again. :-)
This past weekend I went to DC for a fabulous going away weekend. Friday was a fun filled night - starting with happy hour at 5:30 and ending with me going to Camille's at 11! Mango tango tinis were making the rounds at Helix as were shots and other delights. Tres manifique!
Saturday was a lovely lounging day with Erica. Smoothies to ease our hangover blahs. Whole Foods adventure for the par-tay and then some cafe for some energey.
The party was just great. A few key people were missing, but half of them are around the world, so I guess that's a pretty good excuse. I ate my weight in brie and pesto on a baguette and then there was the orgasmic chocolate cake. I figured I would not be getting brie and pesto in Senegal (my lame-o excuse to eat all the fromage I can until departure date).
It was then time on Sunday for my trip back to dull as dish water NC. I broke down and boo hooed in the car, already nostalgic for the friends that I had just left.
To top the wonderful weekend off, I watched the third to last episode of Sex and the City EVAH!!!!
I'm anxiously waiting for Katie Sparks' Sex and the City series finale party at her house.
Time to practice French.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home